NOTE: All inquiries about the online program must go through the website. Do not call the main office.
MASEP offers an online version of the MASEP DUI Intervention. The class is not intended to replace the in-person classes being offered throughout the state of Mississippi. The online class is designed for those individuals residing outside the state of Mississippi, those with underlying health issues that make in-person attendance in a group setting potentially dangerous due to the COVID pandemic, or individuals unable to attend in-person meetings due to other extenuating circumstances, such as lack of transportation. Eligibility will be verified and may require documentation.
The cost of the online class is $250 and is payable upon course registration. This is a non-refundable fee. If you are enrolled in the online class and do not have sufficient computer skills to navigate all of the requirements of the online class, you will be dismissed from the class and will not receive a refund.
You must have a court order to enroll. If you do not currently have a court order, you must obtain one from the court where you were sentenced.
In addition, the following technical requirements must be met:
- A computer (not a phone or tablet) with a webcam and a microphone
- Ensure that you can log in to that computer
- A high-speed internet connection (aka, not dial-up) at a private location for the duration of the class sessions (i.e. not a library or other public location)
- A computer running a current operating system that supports recent browsers (e.g. Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge)
- An up-to-date browser with cookies enabled.
- Anti-virus software with current updates.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader for downloading and editing PDF files
- Zoom video conferencing software
Basic Computer Skills needed:
- Saving and finding files and folders on a computer
- Copying/cutting and pasting text
- Using a word processing application, such as Microsoft Word
- Using a spreadsheet application, such as Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets, or Apache Open Office Calc. If you have a Mac and are using Numbers, you must export the file to an Excel format.
- Attaching and uploading documents and assignments.
- Sending and receiving email
- Using a supported web browser to access your course and other online resources on the web
MASEP will offer limited technical support via email or phone. This does not include basic computer proficiency.
If you are interested in further information on the online class, please click below to take our computer literacy test. You will receive further instructions upon its completion. PLEASE NOTE: This is NOT an on demand class. It has a schedule just like the in-person classes and it may take up to two weeks for you to be contacted about enrollment.