NOTE: All inquiries about the online program must go through the website. Do not call the main office.
MASEP offers an online version of the MASEP DUI Intervention. The class is not intended to replace the in-person classes being offered throughout the state of Mississippi. The online class is designed EXCLUSIVELY for those individuals residing outside the state of Mississippi. (Out of state residents that reside within a reasonable traveling distance of a MASEP location will be required to attend the in-person class.) Eligibility will be verified and determined by the MASEP office only and may require documentation.
The cost of the online class is $275 and is payable upon course registration.
This is a non-refundable fee. If you are enrolled in the online class and do not have sufficient computer skills to navigate all the requirements of the online class, you will be dismissed from the class and will not receive a refund. Dismissals for any other reason will also not receive a refund
There will be a $50 re-entry fee charged for any participant that does not attend session 2,3, or 4 as assigned. Re-entry will only be allowed if there is sufficient room in the class. A maximum of 1 re-entry will be allowed.
Enrollees that do not attend Session 1, for whatever reason, or who do not complete Session 1, for whatever reason, will not be issued a refund and will be dismissed from the class.
You must have a court order to enroll. If the court has not sent a court order to the MASEP office the potential participant must supply the court order to the MASEP office.
In addition, the following technical requirements must be met:
- A computer (not a phone or tablet) with a webcam and a microphone
- Ensure that you can log in to that computer
- A high-speed internet connection (aka, not dial-up) at a private location for the duration of the class sessions (i.e. not a library or other public location)
- A computer running a current operating system that supports recent browsers (e.g. Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge)
- An up-to-date browser with cookies enabled.
- Anti-virus software with current updates.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader for downloading and editing PDF files
- Zoom video conferencing software
Basic Computer Skills needed:
- Saving and finding files and folders on a computer
- Copying/cutting and pasting text
- Using a word processing application, such as Microsoft Word
- Using a spreadsheet application, such as Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets, or Apache Open Office Calc. If you have a Mac and are using Numbers, you must export the file to an Excel format.
- Attaching and uploading documents and assignments.
- Sending and receiving email
- Using a supported web browser to access your course and other online resources on the web.
MASEP will offer limited technical support via email or phone. This does not include basic computer proficiency.
BASIC RULES REGARDING ONLINE PARTICIPATION
- This class is a virtual in-person class that utilizes the Zoom platform. All participants are expected to be always in front of their computer with the video on, except for scheduled breaks. They may not participate in other activities such as work, shopping, etc. This class is treated as any other classroom meeting
- Other people cannot be present in the room with you during the class. The MASEP class is completely confidential.
- All participants are required to have reliable high-speed internet to participate. Repeated loss of connectivity via the internet is reason for dismissal with no refund of fee.
- All participants are expected to complete all assignments in the prescribed manner and within the prescribed timelines.
- All participants will always treat all other participants, as well as, the MASEP facilitators with dignity and respect.
- All other rules and regulations as set forth in the 1st Session will be adhered to.
If you are interested in further information on the online class, please click below to take our computer literacy test. You will receive further instructions upon its completion. PLEASE NOTE: This is NOT an on demand class. It has a schedule just like the in-person classes and it may take up to three weeks for you to be contacted about enrollment.